3 days Islamic Asset Securitisation course
12th – 15th Jan 2015
The Course provides a comprehensive overview of conventional and Islamic Capital Market instruments particularly, Fixed Income and Asset Securitization and how it is applied in Islamic banking and finance.
The course covers topics such as the Islamic Sukuk securitization process, both quantitative and qualitative aspects, legal perspective and structures of Islamic securitization through lengthy discussions. It also highlights Credit Risks associated with the Islamic securitization and mitigating factors.
- Describe the dynamics of Sukuk securitization in both developed or emerging markets and securitization’s reasons for growth
- Explain the legal, quantitative and qualitative issues relating to the securitization process
- Discuss and analyses the mechanisms for Sukuk securitization in the context of Islamic finance
- Identify the key elements required to create an effective environment for the development of Islamic securitization.
- Identify major risks associated with the Islamic Sukuk securitization and how to mitigate these risks.
- Have participants practically structure and securities assets in both Islamic and conventional methods
- Basics of Securitization
- Overview of securitization and Sukuk in the US, Europe, Malaysia and the Middle East
- Legal, Quantitative and Qualitative aspects of securitization
- Specific Structures – Residential Mortgages Securitization & Commercial Mortgage Backed Securitization
- Islamic Sukuk – Basic Concepts
- Islamic Sukuk Structure.
- Current issues regarding Sukuk
- Credit risks and Mitigants.
- Case studies – different Sukuk structures
- Asset Backed Commercial Papers – Can such structures benefit Islamic Finance?
This course is for individuals who would like to have an in-depth understanding of asset securitization, especially from the point of view of Islamic finance. This may include and may not be limited to:
- Corporate Relationship managers.
- Professionals in structured finance,
- Investment managers, fund managers, hedge fund managers, staff in the trade and investment department.
- Treasury department, commercial and residential real estate staff.
- Any individual whose work is related to Sukuk
Price : USD 2,500
Venue: The course will be held at one of the four or five stars hotel in Dubai.
Registration: via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Shaltout is an International bilingual (Arabic, English and French) Senior Banker with over 30 years of extensive Banking experience with some of the leading Regional / International Islamic and Conventional Banks in Cairo, London, Bahrain, Qatar and UAE with depth understanding of Islamic Banking products. He conducts number of Practical Islamic Banking Courses in Islamic Asset Securitisation, Sukuk Structuring, Islamic Project Finance and Principle of Islamic Banking Products and its application in Modern Banking. Mr. Shaltout was the Islamic Banking Advisor to RAK Bank UAE. Commercial Bank of Qatar as Executive General Manager & Chief Islamic Banking Officer where he spearhead the Islamic Business of the Bank with remarkable result through expanding the structured finance and corporate team, developing the retail banking network, and branches and introduce numerous Islamic products catering for customer needs.
Khalil graduated from the Faculty of Commerce Cairo University (BA Honour) and has completed Post Graduation Business Administration Study (Master) at American University. He has attended various Courses in Credit Analysis, Corporate Finance, Trade Finance, Islamic Banking, Business Development and Marketing. In London and Bahrain