First Gulf Bank (FGB) has won the Best Bank Award for Trade Finance and Corporate Banking in a survey conducted by Cash Management Matters (CMM) and published in Cash & Trade Magazine.
Winning this award did not happen by chance. FGB has been implementing a strategy to become the “First Choice” Global Transaction Bank in the markets they operate in. This strategy is being realised by:
- a growing international network of offices (including partner bank arrangements) to support global customer requirements.
- geographic diversification through expansion of existing operations and penetration of key markets.
- focusing on trade and financial flows from UAE into key international locations.
- building a talented team of professionals who take a consultative approach in meeting clients’ needs.
- a focused effort to increase market share in the competitive Middle East market.
- FGB is now focused on continued implementation of its winning strategy and building out its team further.
Andre Sayegh, CEO, reflected his commitment to GTS strategy when he recently remarked, “FGB GTS business is here to stay for years. We are investing in people and technology to give world class experience to our customers.”
Simon Penney, head of the Wholesale Banking Group, also recently demonstrated FGB’s commitment to GTS business by saying, “ GTS is one of our core businesses. This award reflects the incredible progress we have made towards becoming the leading trade finance bank in the Middle East and in other regions where we operate.”
Manoj Menon, head of Global Transaction Services and Financial Institutions said, “ Our GTS journey has just begun. We are building out our product capability across both cash and trade. Our dedication to client service and our ability to tailor products to meet our client’s needs has helped us deliver service excellence and solutions that our customer prefer.”